Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My logitech wireless keyboard K800 just ran out of power.

Customer Question
My logitech wireless keyboard...

My logitech wireless keyboard K800 just ran out of power. Can I plug it into a basic charging station to recharge? If seems to be working and the three green lights are blinking to indicate it is taking a charge. Is this ok?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Laptop is a Dell Ultrabook. OS is Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Dell?

Nothing. I don't seem to be able to find the charge cable that came with the keyboard.That's why I tried to use the cable that connects with a charging station and it fit and seems to be charging fine.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/22/2017
Computer technician: Russell H., Computer Repairer replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Computer Repairer

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The voltage supplied by the charger has to be correct for the device.

And, the speed with which it charges has to be not excessive for the device and its battery/batteries.

If you have connected it to a USB device, then you may have a charger that has no problem with it, I hope, if there's no red light on the keyboard while charging.

As to the cable, this is a source for a replacement:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AXZX8Z6/ref=asc_df_B00AXZX8Z65310867/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B00AXZX8Z6&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198138936631&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14540363130273110630&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1027027&hvtargid=pla-319843920643

for about $5 up-front price.

If you want to be sure the charger is right, please tell me the maker and model # of the charger in Reply, and I will give you advice on its suitability for charging your K800 keyboard.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.