Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My ex passed away 2 years ago and he had an old Iomegawith a…

Customer Question
HI! My ex...

HI! My ex passed away 2 years ago and he had an old Iomega*****with a bunch of disks. I would like to get the data off of the disks as I know they have many family pictures on them. I need either an adapter that will let me go from the 25 pin connector to a USB connection or a newer model reader with a USB connector that will read the zip 100 disks. Any advice?

Technician's Assistant: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?

I don't have a desk top only a laptop.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?

My son has a desktop, do you think it has a 25 pin connector port?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just want to know how I might go about getting to this data without it costing me a fortune....

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/21/2017
Computer technician: ITCris, Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
ITCris
ITCris, Support Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.
My question does not require you connecting to my device.

Please ignore request for remote connection and phone support they are automated through the site.

I did not ask to sign up for a free trial. I was just notified that my card has been charged an additional $43. I was told coming in that cost was $5.00 to connect to you. Please reverse the charge from my card.

A deposit is $5 but there is a cost to ask and receive an answer for your question would you like to continue?

No. Thank you.

ok good luck