Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I'm getting message that "your Vaio failed to start windows"

Customer Question
Second opinion] I'm getting...

Second opinion] I'm getting message that "your Vaio failed to start windows"

Technician's Assistant: What version of Windows are you running on your Vaio?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

No don't have a DVD or flash drive . Not sure how I would do that

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Is there an answer ?
Answered in 1 day by:
12/23/2017
Computer technician: Richard Freese, Home improvement replied 5 months ago
Richard Freese
Richard Freese, Home improvement

Hello. I am here to help. Looks like your Toshiba will not boot. I will help if possible. First of all, is there a recent back up of your PC?

It’s backed up to Carbonite several days ago
How can you connect to the device if I can’t get online ?

Hi. I can't connect to your device because it is not on the network. The good news for you is you were smart enough to back up your files. So, can you give me the model and serial numbers so I can look up the procedures for you?

You won't be charged for secure remote access as we cannot connect this way.

Model SVF15AC1QL
Serial#54589711(###) ###-####

Looks like I need to step away for a few hours. I just received a priority one emergency alert. I will get back you as soon as I can.

Hello again. I have been trying to research your model number and serial number on Sony's website but that model number does not show up. Can you please verify the number you gave me SVF15AC1QL?

Here is the link to Sony that explains what to look for.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=264#notebook

Richard Freese
Richard Freese
Richard Freese, Home improvement