Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

My Dell Pc has a Dell dual monitor and today the left

Customer Question
Hi. My Dell Pc...

Hi. My Dell Pc has a Dell dual monitor and today the left monitor goes into squiggly mode after about 10 minutes after a reboot. I bought the system as a package that included the pc and monitors direct from Dell about 3 years ago. i just had Office Depot due a tune up on the computer and the problem arose upon first use after getting the pc back. is it likely that I need a new monitor or is something else the likely problem. thanks. Brian H.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is having screen issues?

Desktop icons and background suddenly disappear on left monitor and screen displays erratic light show then times out to a solid color until mouse is moved whereupon the light show resumes

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

It’s a desktop PC Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

No How do I do that.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/21/2017
Computer technician: Russell H., Computer Repairer replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Computer Repairer

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
In simple terms, if the problem were one of nothing more than configuration, the problem should show up at once, not after 10 minutes of operation. I think that the tune-up on the computer may have been coincidental to the developing of this problem.

If would be easier to be sure, if the left-hand monitor also shows this problem after 10 minutes, when hooked up to another computer altogether. That would be the surest test of its being a monitor problem... indeed the going-bad-after-thoroughly-warmed-up, is a symptom of electronics failure, rather than of settings or configuration being wrong.

Another test, not quite as sure, would be to run a different monitor from the left monitor's output port on the computer, for over 20 minutes with no development of problems.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Computer Repairer