Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

It is my brother fax machine 2820do you know about them? Fax…

Customer Question
It is my brother...

It is my brother fax machine 2820do you know about them?

Technician's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Printer Expert more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. What's the brand and model of your printer?

Fax machine 2820

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Brother

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

It is a fax machine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/20/2017
Computer technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

What problems are you having with your Brother FAX-2820?

I replaced the toner and the drum , I did it correctly , I have done it before w genuine products , the toner end life will not go away
The display light. Toner end life will not go away

Have you tried resetting the “Toner Life End” counter?

If I knew how to do that I wouldn't have contacted u
The manual does not say u can do that

Ok, I was just wondering because you said you had done it before - did the toner life end not appear when you replaced the toner previously?

It should appear each time and need to be reset each time.

To reset the counter, leave the toner and drum in the machine, but open the front cover. Press Options, then press * 00

This will reset the count on the machine.

Let me know if that works for you?

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Computer technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 6 months ago

Hi, just following up on your question - did my answer help?

If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.