Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a Harmony one remote that has been programed eight…

Customer Question
I have a Harmony...

I have a Harmony one remote that has been programed eight years ago. I now have bought a new TV and a/v Marantz receiver that have to synced to the remote. Can I get instructions on how to do this. I have the usb connection but do not know what to do.

Technician's Assistant: What Marantz model do you have?

The old model was the 7005, the new one is Marantz SR5012

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your SR5012?

Nothing yet, have not hooked up yet. Best Buy is delivering my new Sony 65" 930e on Dec 28th.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, the Harmony one does my TV. Oppo BD player and my Sonos System

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/19/2017
Computer technician: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What you'll need to do is download the harmony software first,

you can get that by clicking here: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/harmony-one-advanced-universal-remote/downloads

Install that, then connect the remote to your pc via the usb cable.

The software will ask you to sign in to your logitech account if you have one. If not or someone else set it up for you then you can set up a new one. From there you can edit the existing configuration or create a new one (wiping out the old) which is actually quite simple. It will guide you through the process of adding devices by putting in the brand and model of each device (tv, receiver, bluray, cable/satellite, etc). After you've set up the devices, then you'll set up activities such as watching tv for example, where you'll tell it to turn on the tv, what input to set the tv and receiver to, that the volume will be controlled on the receiver, etc.

Best regards,