Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have just received a new 27" inch Acer monitor and have…

Customer Question
I have just received...

I have just received a new 27" inch Acer monitor and have installed it. I am unable to get a signal after turning the unit on and attaching to my laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

HP and Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

Nothing and no

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Computer technician: Sheri, Expert replied 8 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-n51sh6sk,

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with your issue. Once you connect the computer to the monitor, you must tell the computer to send the signal to the external monitor. This can be done on the keyboard. Usually it is done by pressing the FN (function) key and while holding it down, press another key on the keyboard. Look at the keyboard and look for the function key that looks like it has a screen on it. On some HP laptops it is F4 key. Try that and if it doesn't work, let me know the specific HP laptop model you have and I can look the key up for you. You should be able to find the model on the underside of the laptop.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert