Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Have a WD 1Tb ext HD (with my whole world on it) Now it just…

Customer Question
Have a WD 1Tb...

Have a WD 1Tb ext HD (with my whole world on it) Now it just lights up but the PC is not recognising it

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Dell Win 7 win 10 win xp Had it for years no problem @8 000 songs pic etc NOW problem

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

It opened for 3 mins after password ***** music then cuts off and disappeared from compt

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No like I said any computer I connect to ...OKAY for YEARS

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/14/2017
Computer technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 7 months ago
Elgin Vega

Hi my name is***** will try my best to help you with this request.

Please right clock on my computer and select manage.

You will see a new window, select disk management and tell me what is the status of the disk there.