Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

IT IS AN ANDROID TABLET. I LOCKED IN A PIN NUMBER, FORGOT…

Customer Question
IT IS AN ANDROID...

IT IS AN ANDROID TABLET. I LOCKED IN A PIN NUMBER , FORGOT IT. TRIED MANY TIMES. EACH TIME I HAD TO,WAITE TO TRY AGAIN. NOW, I HAVE IT THSTVITVSAYS...WAITE UP TO 60 MINUTES. I HAVE TWO TABLETS. MY ONE TABLET IS LOCKED TIGHT. COULD YOU PLEASE! HELP ME. MY HOME NO. IS(###) ###-####OR MY CELL PHONE IS(###) ###-#### THANK YOU!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your device?

ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?

YES!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

NO! AT AT THIS MOMENT, I HAVE NOTHING ELSE THAT'S WRONG. THANK YOU!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/13/2017
Computer technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 2 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

HELLO! PETE I had put a pin code on my one tablet and I cannot get to open the screen. IT is locked tight. How do I break the code to get back into my tablet. I am not very smart on this stuff. But, I will do,jy best of what you would ask for me to do. I appreciate you helping me, dear. Thank Y ou
IT IS NOT THE TABLET THAT I AM ON. I HAVE TWO TABLETS. IT'S MY OTHER ONE. SORRY!

It isn't possible to break the code, as that would make it a very insecure security method.

Your only option is to reset the tablet.

I won't be able to do this remotely for you, however I can give you the instructions to do it yourself.

What is the make and model number of the Android tablet that you are having problems with?

Are you still there?

Try pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home Button, and Power buttons and let me know if you can access the recovery mode using that method?

SAMSUNG MODEL:SM-T550 S/N: R52G60X9N8K 16GB

Ok, please try the method I described and let me know if you can access recovery mode?

THE CODE PIN KEEPS COMING UP, NEEDING TO BE PUT IN. I DON'T REMEMBER IT. THE NUMBERS I HAD CHOSEN IS NOT OPENING IT, SO IT'S THE WRONG ONES. THEN, I HAVE TO WAIT 60 MINS. NOW TO TRY AGAIN! IS THERE ANY WAY YOU CAN LOOK OF WHAT I PUT IN. MAYBE I COULD DO IT THAT WAY. I DON'T KNOW. SORRY! EXTREMELY UPSET OVER MY DUMB MOVES. NO MORE CODES FOR ME. MY MEMORY IS VERY BAD. I FORGOT TO WRITE IT DOWN. MY STUPIDITY. THANK YOU! I NEED TO JUST STEP AWAY FROM THIS FOR A LITTLE. I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING ALL OF THIS. IT'S LITERALLY MAKING ME SICK. EVER SINCE I LOST MY SON OF CANCER. I CANNOT DO,THINGS RIGHT LIKE I USE TOO. AND MY MEMORY REALLY TOOK A NOSE DIVE. I AM SO SORRY! I AM STUPID WOMAN. PLEASE! FORGIVE ME , PETE. SORRY! ��������

Press and hold the Volume Up, Home Button, and Power buttons until the recovery menu appears.

Try holding the 3 buttons and let me know if that lets you into the recovery menu?

Pete, Computer Expert