Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I want to limit the time my son uses his game console. How…

Customer Question
I want to limit...

I want to limit the time my son uses his game console. How can I do this through my Motorola router?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Motorola router?

NVG510

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Nothing.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/11/2017
Computer technician: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 7 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.

There are a number of possible ways depending on the access you have to the Xbox and the capabilities of your router.

1. Use MAC filtering in the firewall to prevent the Xbox accessing the Internet
  2. Assign a static IP address to the Xbox and then use IP filtering to block access
  3. Assign a static IP address to the Xbox and do not give it a gateway
  4. Block UDP/TCP ports 88 & 3074

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.