Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

New HP. Cant get it to recognize WD drvie. It worked.

Customer Question
New HP. Cant get...

New HP. Cant get it to recognize WD drvie

Technician's Assistant: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?

Yes, it worked

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Computer Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/9/2017
Computer technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Is it a My Book or a My Passport drive? Are you running Windows 10 on the new computer?

My passport ultra and windows 10

OK, can I connect to your screen to check the drive now?