Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My IMac is frozen with the apple logo symbol and screen. I…

Customer Question
My IMac is frozen...

My IMac is frozen with the apple logo symbol and white screen.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

I don't know for sure, I think it is the newest version.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/8/2017
Computer technician: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Try and Start up in safe mode

To start up in safe mode: Hold the power button down for 10 seconds to power off.

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

If an issue doesn't happen when your Mac is started in safe mode, try restarting without pressing any keys.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.