Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I was given a sony optiarc burner a while back, and i not to…

Customer Question
I was given a...

I was given a sony optiarc burner a while back, and i not to familiar as how to operate it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Sony

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony product?

I was capable of making only 1 copy at a time and wasn't able to do music, so therefore I was told that the pins were not correct.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/8/2017
Computer technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 4 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Which Sony Optiarc model do you have?

Hey are you there? The model number of this 5 disc burner is DDu1678a
I will repeat it is a 5 disc DVD burner and I have removed all the power from the drivers except two. I will be able to compensate one of the techs 30.00 to assist me with getting this working properly and if I can get a instruction manual sent I am sure I will be capable of giving a better contribution later.

The DDU1678A is a DVDROM drive, it needs to be connected into a computer to work, the same as any other IDE drive.

Attached is all of the available information for it.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.

Pete, Computer Expert