Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Not with my computer. My MagicJack landline phone has no…

Customer Question
Not with my computer...

Not with my computer. My MagicJack landline phone has no dial tone and can't make a call

Technician's Assistant: What magicJack model do you have?

I don't know but it was purchased in 2014

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your magicJack phone? What have you tried so far?

Since yesterday. Unplugged device and re plugged. Was instructed to unplug device for testing which I did but the Online tech. went offline.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/7/2017
Computer technician: syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is David.
The issue you describe is often due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access. To rule out your network as the cause, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Do you still need assistance?