Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Is there a way to fix a 403 Forbidden Error? More

Customer Question
Is there a way...

Is there a way to fix a 403 Forbidden Error?More information More informationThis error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Internet Explorer?

IE seems ok, just did. This is from a Craig's List block of the IP (?) I suspect. Last time got to the site about a week ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Yes, but geting this error on 4 computers; 2 Desktop that are LAN and 2 Wifi

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Got the error about a week ago. Then, exchanged the Cox Arris Modem/Router and the new modem was good for about a day...then the 403 error again. Reset modem several times

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/3/2017
Computer technician: Kamil Anwar, Hardware Specialist replied 8 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Hardware Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Can you send me the site address please? This is a server-side issue so i can confirm from my end by visiting the site.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/Was working until a day or so ago. I had the error before and swapped out my modem and it worked for 1 day. Then, the error on all 4 computers that access the internet. I can get on from Starbucks, no problem. Cox is my provider.

Yeah. Looks like they are blocking your IP address.

Modem change didn't do anything ultimate, just resetted the IP so you got a new one and then "when i guess you posted or logged in or something", they blocked it again.

Did they not e-mail why they're blocking you out? You can login using a VPN but they will block you again.

What do you expect the problem and solution is, before I pay again? A 403 error is very common, so you should know.

Solution would be to use VPN, but they can block you again.

Did they not e-mail you why they're doing this?

I certainly can't pay $39 everyday, so you will have to walk me through the process when you log in so I can fix it myself if it comes up again.

Did you read my response above? I'll retype it.

Looks like they are blocking your IP address.

Solution would be to use VPN, but they can block you again.Did they not e-mail you why they're doing this?

There is no need to pay for remote service and if you do i can login and walk you through, remote service is just an additional service we offer. Please read my responses above.

there is no solution except to swap out the modem everyday?

1. You need to find out why they're blocking you.

2. There is no need to change the modem, it just resets the IP Address which you can do using a free vpn.