Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Can you answer questions about Hitachi Deskstar hard drives?

Customer Question
Can you answer questions...

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Ever since the AC adapter for the IOMEGA external hard drive (using the Hitachi Deskstar internally) shorted out. Now the drive just makes a wierd sound but is not recognized by the computer.

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The disk drive itself is getting power but I thought that the circuit board attached to the hard drive might have a micro fuse soldered in that might have blown.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes, for days.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 day by:
12/3/2017
Computer technician: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Can you describe the sound it is making please?