Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have an Al2223 Monitor which Acer says they never heard…

Customer Question
I have an Al2223...

I have an Al2223 Monitor which Acer says they never heard of. I'm tryiing to use it as a second "piggyback" montor" on an Dell desktop computer, but I need the drivers for the montior. Can you help me get the drivers?

Technician's Assistant: Is this happening with internal or external speakers?

External monitor...needs to be activated

Technician's Assistant: Did you try updating the sound driver on your Dell desktop?

Sorry....this is not a sound issue. it is a matter of establishing a driver for a video monitor for second viewing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

You...how do I get a video driver?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/30/2017
Computer technician: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 6 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

It is video cards that require drivers, not monitors, they only display an output signal.

What are you connecting the monitor to on the Dell? Which type of port?

Computer technician: paolot-cssm,
 replied 6 months ago
paolot-cssm
Your question page was reported to our Customer Care team team and the Expert said you needed assistance, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/computer-hardware/au7vq-al2223-monitor-acer-says-heard.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.