Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My scan to computer says its unavailable. HP Office Jet

Customer Question
My scan to computer...

My scan to computer says its unavailable. HP Office Jet 6700. I have run print and scan doctor. Scan to computer will work with this but when I click on the desktop icon it wants me to set up the thing again and then doesn't solve the problem.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The problem has arisen before and scan doctor fixed it. I seems to happen sometimes with a windows 10 update.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/30/2017
Computer technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Is this printer connected wirelessly?
  2. Or is it through a USB cable?
  3. Is it printing and doing its other functions just fine?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess