Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a 64 GB Sandisk micro SD card that is corrupted to…

Customer Question
I have a 64...

I have a 64 GB Sandisk micro SD card that is corrupted to the point that I cannot even format it.

Technician's Assistant: What Sandisk model do you have?

1 sec

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sandisk media player?

It's a sandisk Ultra 64 MBclass 10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

XC1

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/26/2017
Computer technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

If the card won't let you format it, then it's very possible that there is something physically wrong with the card and that it is simply beyond repair.

With that said, you could try using a 3rd party program from a company like EaseUS to attempt to format it. Please see the following article for some options:

https://www.easeus.com/storage-media-recovery/sandisk-sd-card-wont-format-in-windows-10-8-7.html

It will have a link to the free EaseUS software, and in particular I want you to pay attention to the second option titled, "Step 2. Fix SanDisk SD card won’t format error."

If you follow that process and the card still won't format, then unfortunately you can conclude that you simply have a dead card.

Good luck with it! And if you have any questions on this, just let me know.

NOTE: Please remember to use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.