Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My Logitech keyboard is locked how do I unlock it. Where do…

Customer Question
My Logitech keyboard is...

My Logitech keyboard is locked how do I unlock it

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Where do I find the model? OS windows 10

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your computer?

I don't know what to try

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/25/2017
Computer technician: Russell H., Computer Repairer replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Computer Repairer

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I will have to ask you some questions about details of the problem, please, before advising you:
- What model is your Logitech keyboard, please?

- In what way is it 'locked'? is there an error message, indication, etc.? or is it just not-working, not typing?

- Try shutting down the computer. Then remove the USB dongle, or USB cord, that goes with the keyboard, then plug that USB back in again. Then start up the computer once more, and see whether the keyboard then starts working again.

Let me know please, in Reply To Expert, and I will assist you further.

I have a model number y R0012.
No error message just not responding to keys
there is a light indicator on the key board indicating that it is locked.

Try pressing the CapsLock key, to the left of the ASDF key row, once.

Does that turn Off the 'lock' light?

I cannot locate how you disconnect the keyboard to reset it since it is Wireless
If you can connect and directly fix it that would be fine

Was the keyboard working, formerly?

The USB dongle is a little not-very-large USB plugin, like a USB flash drive sort of, that you must have plugged in to the computer in order for the wireless keyboard to communicate with the computer. Look for it, please.

I will make an offer for remote communication, if my previous suggestions don't work to fix the problem.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution?

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)