Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I'm having an issue with a SanDisk SD card. Extreme 128 GB,

Customer Question
Hi, I'm having an...

Hi, I'm having an issue with a SanDisk SD card

Technician's Assistant: What SanDisk model do you have?

Extreme 128 GB, 90 MB/s

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your SanDisk media player?

I use it in my Nikon D7000 camera

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I had about 533 photos on the card. I inserted it into my MAC, launched iPhoto, iPhoto had issues importing and now the card appears to be empty

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/22/2017
Computer technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist
Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.
I no longer need support. Please credit my card back the $33 Thank you
Sometimes my Mac acts wierd with my SD Card as well. So what I do sometimes is this. First, close iPhoto and remove the sd card. Make sure your Mac finder preferences are set to view SD cards, external hd, etc.To do this:
Click any blank space on desktop
Click “finder” next to the Apple
Click preferences
Under general, check mark all options
Then re-insert your SD card and see if it mounts onto the desktop. You will see a little drive icon on your desktop with the name of the sd card or could say something like “untitled”. If you see it, double click it to open and see if there is a folder or all your pic files. If so, see if you can drag them onto the desktop to have a copy. Then you can always drag them into iPhoto.If you can’t see the SD card still, then sometimes I have to remove it and then insert it very slowly into the Mac as sometimes the “little metal data pins” within the card and the Mac SD port need to talk to each other and sometimes putting it in slowly helps this.If you still do not see it make sure the SD card is inserted and on your Mac open disk utility and see if it can be recognized here. If so select it on the left side menu and it will show what format it is in on the right side menu. Then let me know.
Oh ok did you already figure it out? Sorry right when I posted all that I saw your reply.
Jon
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist