Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My iomega hard drive was buzzing and i turned it off. Its an…

Customer Question
My iomega hard drive...

My iomega hard drive was buzzing and i turned it off

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Its an iMac that i bought mid 2011. i got the hard drive at the same time. no troubleshooting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/22/2017
Computer technician: armymil2003, Computer Support replied 7 months ago
armymil2003
armymil2003, Computer Support

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question regarding your hard drive.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers upgrades such as a secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it just a matter of choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Do you have the model number of your external drive?

Are you still having issues with your drive?