Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Yesterday I set up my MJ again. However. The device did not…

Customer Question
Yesterday I set up...

Yesterday I set up my MJ again. However

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

The device did not activate. MS 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2 wks ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have an old headset Pantronic. It may not work any more.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/22/2017
Computer technician: syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is David.
The MagicJack issue you describe could be due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access. To resolve the issue or rule out network related problems, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer that has the MagicJack installed after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Computer technician: syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago

Do you still need assistance?

syseng
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer