Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I can't do anything on the new Inspiron laptop because the…

Customer Question
I can't do anything...

I can't do anything on the new Inspiron laptop because the keyboard is not working. I rebooted but no luck.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?

Where would I find the make and model. And no I've only had the laptop for 3 days.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Maybe. My husband set up the computer but he's not here to ask.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm really out of my comfort zone here. Should I have any thing else to tell him/her? Maybe that this is a new format for me: my last computer laptop purchase was 10+ years ago.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/18/2017
Computer technician: Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please remove the AC Adapter from the computer. Then, press and hold the power button till the computer gets off completely. Then, wait for two minutes.

Restart the computer by pressing the power button. Check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!