Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Purchased Seagate Backup Plus for my mac running OS 10.12.

Customer Question
When I first plugged it...
Purchased Seagate Backup Plus for my mac running OS 10.12. When I first plugged it in the computer recognized it but then I made some mistake when I tried again it no longer would recognize the drive. I downloaded Paragon NTFS for mac but that did not help. it says the drive is not mounted.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Mac? Reasonable experience.
JA: When did you purchase your Apple? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Long time Mac user but have no idea how to troubleshoot this problem.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Dont think so.
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/18/2017
Computer technician: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 30 days ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Have you formatted your Seagate drive for MAC OS using Disk Utility?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Tried that. No luck. Under external drive the Seagate BUP SL Media shows up but is Microsoft reserved. Under that is the drive with no name. It says it is a 4 TB USB external physical volume Mac OS extended and that 4 TB is used. It does not give me the option of formatting the drive.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I am not willing to pay you another $39!!! This is a brand new drive!!! Seagate should stand by their products without charging more money!!!!

I apologize for the confusion. I am not affiliated with Seagate. I am an independent contractor offering 3rd party support for many companies, including Seagate.

As an independent contractor I don't have access to billing information but you can contact Customer Support via email at *****@******.*** to request a refund, or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help.

Have a great day!

Russell H., Computer Repairer