Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

I have a HP monitor S2331 Has worked great but now its

Customer Question
blank. when I turn it...
I have a HP monitor S2331 Has worked great but now its blank. when I turn it off than back on the picture comes on for 5 seconds then goes blank again
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?
Customer: windows 10 s2331
JA: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about 5 years ago this is my first try at shot trouble shooting
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/18/2017
Computer technician: Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 25 days ago
Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

It seems with the computer and not the monitor. Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all external devices, CDs, all cables including power, monitor, keyboard and mouse from the CPU. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power, monitor and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
That didn't work still the same
Computer technician: Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 24 days ago

Do you have another monitor to check with the computer?

Do you see the power light and hear the fan blowing on the CPU?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I have check it with another monitor. The other monitor works fine.

If you are able to get the desktop with another monitor, the issue is with the monitor only. Please remove all cables from the monitor, then press and hold the power button of monitor for a minute. Then, try restarting the monitor.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It seems that the monitor is bad. The only thing you have to offer is restarting. Which I had already done. I think that I should get my money back and move on. Thank you for your time

I think the same too. If it is older than five years, it is better to get a new one instead of repairing it. Repairing will cost you more than anew monitor.

Please contact our customer support to get a refund. You can contact them from the link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer