Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

I have an old iomega hard drive...on which I had literally

Customer Question
hundreds of pictures...and when a...
I have an old iomega hard drive...on which I had literally hundreds of pictures...and when a computer literate friend tried to put them on my at the time new computer, he could only find a few.....the rest were gone can they be recovered
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: used it for several years. not sure where I put the cables and stuff
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not to the hard drive..when my desktop stopped working I got this laptop...I have had it for about three years...I had accepted the jpgs has lost but now I wonder
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/17/2017
Computer technician: AnswersByEric, Computer Enthusiast replied 26 days ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Is the older Omega hard drive connected to your PC/Laptop now?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
no...at the present I dont know where the cables are...so I am just generally asking if its possible. I did talk to my cousin who was once the first woman cto of wikipedia and she indicated at that time that the manufacturer might be able to do it.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
its been a while
the thing is just gathering dust...and I have a whole lot of work...I am an artist/photographer...that I lost

Well, there are two types of recovery possible--one to the general public, and one by use in agencies like the FBI, etc., where they have specialized tools for data forensics. However, unless you have a few grand to spend on those pictures, you won't be able to use those tools.

The one for the public though, which I can provide you, has a success rate of about 90% when recovering pictures/documents, as long as they have not been overwritten.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I should have backed it up but well I didnt and here I am..having lost a whole lot of original work.....I will have to find the cables or but some new ones...right now I have chaos going on...

You will just need to be able to plug in the HDD to a computer. Give me just a moment and I will give you the tools needed. The program will be able to recover ANY images that are still available in the memory.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
cant plug in without cables. I will have to dig for them so I cant do it now as I have another obligation....can I get back to you on this?

Yes, no problem, just reply to me here when you are ready :)

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
thanks, eric I appreciate your help...it gives me some hope
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
bye

NO problem, I will talk to you soon.

Computer technician: AnswersByEric, Computer Enthusiast replied 21 days ago

Good evening,

Any luck?

Russell H., Computer Repairer