Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My internet radio no works on the fibre. It looks for an IP…

Customer Question
My internet radio no...

My internet radio no long works on the fibre. It looks for an IP but I only have a password. If eventually works after many reboots and reentering of data but soon loses the connection.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

It is not something that I created. When the fibre op was installed I was given a card with various numbers on it. The one that seems to work is called the password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is a radio which I purchased about eight years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It may just be old technology that will not work with fibreop

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/13/2017
Computer technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 8 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since we switched to Fibreop some months ago. The radio worked fine before.

Are you running this on your computer?

Thanks

Kris

No. It is a RADIO.

Can you give me the full make and model?

The error message on the radio says "WPS connection failure."|

I guess you cannot answer my question. May I please have my payment refunded.

I have asked three times for the full make and model, are you able to provide this?

Just a second.
Aluratek.
S?N AS12A30300162 IC 7709A MAC 005018642644 FCC ID:PBLMAA502AM

Does it have a MODEL on it?

That is all the information on the radio.

OK - do you see the reset option?

reset often. Also have to do the setup nearly every day.
I believe I could correct this problem if I could enter an IP. Do I still have an IP with fibreop? The information that I was given does not include an IP and there is no IP on the router. I have a P/N number, S/N number, @MAC number SSId and WPA2 network password. The last number is ***** one that seems to work.
Are you still there?
This does not seem to be very helpful and I do not believe that you can solve my problem. Could you please refund my payment. Thank you.

Would you like me to cancel this?

please refund my payment.

Flagging for refund

Many thanks.