Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

How do I connect a M510 to a MAC. MacBook Air. The newest…

Customer Question
How do I connect...

How do I connect a M510 to a MAC

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

MacBook Air

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes the newest version

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/10/2017
Computer technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Is this M510 a Logitech wireless mouse?
  2. Is this a brand new wireless mouse that you are trying to use on your Mac?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

no it is about say a year old

Is it a Logitech wireless mouse?

has a usb device with it

Thank you for that confirmation. All you have to do is install the software, plug in the USB transceiver, then connect the mouse using the installed software.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option or if you want to do it yourself.
Best regards,
Jess

no please walk me through it

Ok. Do you have the CD that came with the mouse packaging? If yes, please load the CD to your Mac, then run the installation of the SetPoint software.

my mac does not have a CD port and no I do not have the CD

Do you still have the packaging of that mouse with you? If yes, please check the packaging and locate something that says SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS. Please tell me if Mac is listed there, or if it is only compatible with Windows.

thanks but I don't think this is going to work can you tell me how I am being charged

Ok. I found the MAC version of your mouse software. Do you want to continue with my help?

Regarding charges, I can see that you posted the question for $39

I can how do I determine what version operating system I have
what I agree to to was $5 refundable

Sorry, but $5 is an initial deposit but the total fee I can see from my end is 39 USD

I thought I was dealing with Logitech
I do not wish for your help then thanks
I hope sense you did not help there will be no charge

Ok. You are contacting us here at JustAnswer and there are charges involved. But we guarantee our service so you can always get your money back.

I can help you solve this problem but I regret to know that you are not willing to continue.

Here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

If you change your mind, just let me know. I will be here to walk you through the process.

Thank you,

Jess