Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Toshiba satellite speakers crackling. A200. Windows 7. Just…

Toshiba satellite speakers crackling ...

Toshiba satellite speakers crackling

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?

A200

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just been given it, ran system mecanic but no help been into soundson control panel but no joy eitter. rest of laptop is superbg

Answered in 1 hour by:
10/20/2017
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

The reason that system mechanic and other software solutions did not resolve the issue is because unfortunately it is not a software problem. There is no software issue that can cause speakers to crackle.

This is going to be a hardware issue with the machine, either with the speakers themselves or with an issue with the wiring. The only solution would be to have the speakers replaced.

A workaround would be to either always use headphones or to purchase a small external speaker set. But in terms of actually resolving the problem, a hardware fix would be necessary.

I really wish I had an easy solution for you but that is unfortunately the situation you're looking at here. I know it's frustrating. Considering the age of the machine, you may want to consider simply investing in a new laptop.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

NOTE: If you have no further questions on this, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better to close out our session for today.

Are you still with me? Do you have any further questions on this?

If not, please remember to use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer 3 STARS or better to end our session.

ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Hello Chris
I do not use computer in the evening !! However, many thanks for your reply. I had a suspicion it was a hardware fault, so I am going to try an external USB sound card. Even plugging the external speakers into the earphone jack produced the same crackling. Otherwise the lap top is very good so I want to keep it and hope the external sound card solves the problem. Thanks again Terry
ChrisC
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast