Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

I have a WD drive that I would like to use as a drive on my…

Customer Question
I have a WD...

I have a WD drive that I would like to use as a slave drive on my computer. what jumers do I use for this application. The drive I want to use is a WD5000AZRZ

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

I built this machine and want extra storage space. I already own the drive I want to use.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

This drive was used once about a year ago I have not installed any updtes ago.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
10/19/2017
Computer technician: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

look at my link below as it shows you the jumper table

https://eshop.macsales.com/Tech/manuals/idehdsettings/WD72.pdf

You want to use Dual (Slave)

Let me know how you go please

Richard: I have the jumper settings you sent and this will take some time. I understand if the drive that is in my computer now if single should be changed to slave also if this is not correct let me know

The drive should only be slave when it is the second drive in the computer, is this the case?

No I want to try this myself, if I get stumped I will let you know.
Thanks,
Tommy

You are welcome

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Computer Specialist