Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Unable to download update on my Kindle Fire -- says to try…

Unable to download update...

Unable to download update on my Kindle Fire -- says to try again, which I have at least 10 ! Facebook will not load with Scrable Free!!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last use the account?

I lost my connection with Scrabble Free about 10 days agom

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

10/19/2017
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and download the update.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I don't know how to get back there!
Tell me how to get back to where download was requested.
Are you there?

Hi there

I am here, you mean to download the update?

To do this, Tap the Quick Settings icon, and then tap Sync.

Let me know how you go please

Are you there? I am not getting a reply from you.

yes.. I replied to you

I will repeat

Let me know how you go please

Where is that setting __ don't see it!

You slide down from the top of the screen then you see the gear wheel for settings

I guess I'll have to pay extra for you to do it -- I am 78 years old and am computer illiterate!

Please look at my last message which explained how to do it, again.

Richard, Computer Specialist
I have done that and have tapped "Settings" but do not see "Quick Setting" or "Sync".
I think I need to pay the extra $39 and have you do it!

Please prpovide me your phone number to call you and take you through this