Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

What’s the best laptop model options recommended to purchase…

What’s the best laptop model...
What’s the best laptop model options recommended to purchase for powerful video rendering currently in 2017 models.
I need especially for video editing and graphic designing.Will I need a dedicated graphics card too like Nvidia?
10/15/2017
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

Do you have a preference if the laptop is Windows or Mac?

Hi Sam . The preference is Windows OS

Okay, you are definitely going to want a dedicated graphics card, rather than just onboard Intel graphics.

What is your price range?

Mid range not too expensive
dedicated graphics card
Preferably HP
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

Do you still need assistance?

please.Thanks

Ok so not sure about your price range, however you cannot go wrong with the HP Omen 17 as long as you are OK with the larger display:

click here

It will handle heavy 3D graphics with no issues and is rated very high.

Also, there is the HP Envy 17 which also has dedicated graphics and a lower price point however you would get more for your money with a refurbished HP Omen 17 for the same price and the HP Envy 17.

Which Lenovo laptop is better powerful option with touchscreen?
Thanks

Well Lenovos tend to be less reliable although a few have good ratings. The Z70 is probably the best choice for what you want to do however I would recommend HP over Lenovo as an overall better machine:

click here

The reviews on these laptops provide some good insight. The comment about the Lenovo being "glitchy" is my experience as well.

If you go with Lenovo you must be careful to ensure that only Lenovo drivers are used for the hardware - if you decide to change the operating system then you must install only Lenovo drivers - the default Microsoft drivers tend to have issues with Lenovo machines. With HP that is generally not the case.

I’m still confused on choosing the best powerful laptop price-mid range with a decent dedicated graphics card .If Lenovo isn’t good,what other options can I choose from apart from HP and MacBooks?
No Alienware too

Acer generally makes good laptops. They have a "Predator" series of gaming laptops that perform well but are priced above mid-range. However, the model Acer Aspire VX 15 at the link below was designed with many of the Predator components (such as the high end graphics card) but with a mid-range price:

click here

This one I would recommend as well. Never had an Acer that did not perform well.

Not a big fan of Acer

I'm not a big fan of Dell, however the Dell 15 7000 such as at the link below has the high end graphics and i7 processor - a fast machine that can handle heavy graphics:

click here

However, I am partial to HP and would still recommend that one as it has a lower cost and will still meet your needs and very reliable.

I’m also inclined towards HP and would like to ask one last question on the options available in HP apart from Omen 17 and Envy 17.How good is the Spectre series or any other models in HP?

Spectre series are nice machines however have integrated graphics rather than dedicated graphics. Performance is very good, however price is higher than the mid-range. I believe it will work well for you however keep in mind that the integrated graphics may be an issue depending upon the video bandwidth required for your needs. Since your primary requirement is ability to render high quality video I would recommend a system with dedicated graphics over the Spectre series.

syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer
syseng
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer