Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

What's the best way to copy a complete hard drive. What

Customer Question
What's the best way to...
What's the best way to copy a complete hard drive. What software?What equipment?Thanks
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
10/10/2017
Computer technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello how are you today? What type of hard drives do you mean? How are they configured?

two hard drives with the OS as WindowsXP
No remote connection.
Do you have an answer
hello

Hello how are you this afternoon? Thank you for replying with the needed information. The best way to do this would be with this free software --

https://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/disk-copy.htm

It describes the procedures as well. Basically, you will download the installation file --

https://www.easeus.com/backup-software/personal.html

Once you install it, it will give you an option to burn a boot CD. You can also use a USB that you do not mind formatting. After the boot disk is created, you will want to boot off of it. It may already be configured to boot off a CD/USB, but to check, it will be in your BIOS.

After it boots, you can use the sector to sector copy.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Please let me know if this information was helpful to you, or if you have any questions. If it was helpful, please rate me from 1 to 5 stars!