Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My computer was formatted Computer store did not back up…

Customer Question
my computer was formatted Computer...
my computer was formatted Computer store did not back up Google Chrome bookmarks before formatting the computer. so is there still away i can recover my bookmarks
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/9/2017
Computer technician: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

If you signed into Google Chrome then it will be stored online and you just need to sign into Google Chrome again via the three dots in the top right, then settings and sign in.

Do you recall ever signing into Chrome and / or what your Gmail account was?

Please let me know

how do i sign in to google chrome

via the three dots in the top right in Google Chrome, then settings and sign in at the top

Let me know please how you go

when i click on three dots it takes me to bookmarks but it is the new book marks i want to recover my old bookmarks

ok, you are misreading the instructions, no problem, I will repeat but I need you please to carefully follow them

Click the three dots in the top right then SETTINGS, then at the top of the page that opens, you see the option to SIGN IN.

Sign in with your gmail account please

ok i did sign in to gamil account so what now

No check if your booksmarks have returned.

no

ok, then this is not the Gmail account you used in Chrome or you never signed in originally on Chrome

Is this the only Gmail account you have?

i have other

ok, sign in with the other one instead and tell me if your booksmarks then show please

i can submitt 6 digit code since its not my number

Sorry I do not undersrtand your last response.

What do you mean?

ok can you explain how i can recover my bookmarks

The only way is if you can sign in with the correct Gmail account in Chrome IF you initially signed in at all.

It looks like you never signed into chrome which means that once you formattted the computer you lost the bookmarks.

They will then not be recoverable, but now that I had you sign into your account in Chrome, the new ones you make are being backed up, so you will not lose them again as long as you maintain access to this Gmail account.

i cant get my old bookmarks

No sorry, they are not backed up.

They will be now that I had you sign into Chrome

o no i have to get my old bookmarks

I understand but this is the reality of the situation sorry.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you