Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

I have a HP Pavilion 23xi IPS LED Backlit Monitor that is…

I have a HP Pavilion...
I have a HP Pavilion 23xi IPS LED Backlit Monitor that is flickering and then getting very dark. No problem until today and not sure what happened. I checked and it says the Nvidia Geforce 630 Drivers are updated and working properly/
Resolution is set to the recommended (1920x1080). I need help fixing
I also disconnected the monitor and rebooted PC (also and HP and using windows 7) a couple of times. No change.
This is one of 2 monitors on my PC (#1 monitor)
It is connected with an hdmi cable
10/3/2017
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

When was the last time Nvidia drivers were updated?

i checked earlier today when I was troubleshooting

Have you tried swapping cables between monitors to make sure issue is only with the monitor and not the actual hdmi port on video card?

no I haven't tried that. if i do that I will lose connection with you. maybe i can do that and keep this conversation on my tablet/ipad?

that will only turn off monitors, not the connection.

is this happening all the time with the monitor now?

it is happening all this time as of his morning

How old is the monitor?

maybe 4 or 5 years
my other monitor (maybe 2 yrs old) is not HDMI connected. I forget what that one is called but has pins
should i try to swap them?

you can try, but that will pinpoint to the monitor with the issue

It seems like a common issue with this model of the monitor. Since there is no warranty , and cost to replace parts and shipping could run as high as cost of new monitor - i would say buy a new one.

here are links to forums where people had same issues with this model:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-23xi-turns-black-after-some-time-in-use/td-p/4975563

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavilion-23xi-monitor-problem-with-screen-going-blank/td-p/4684142

no "fix" with this issue?

The fix is to replace power board on it. But like I mentioned - the cost could be as high as price of a new monitor

here is link to new monitor on Amazon, : http://amzn.to/2xTNZEp

ok. thanks

you are welcome

UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator
UranIT
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator