Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I donated a HP C5180 to a school in need and they are coming…

Customer Question
Good morning. I donated...

Good morning. I donated a HP C5180 to a school in need and they are coming up with the error code Oxc18a0001.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your hp?

Not sure what that means. Sorry. I usually have my own IT guys at my store for these things

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your hp? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried this:

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

1.- Get the unit into the “Support Menu” by following the steps below:
A.- Press and hold the “left arrow” key.
B.- Press the “Setup” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C.- Press and release the “OK” button

Once in the menu, follow the next steps:
2.- Press and release the right arrow button twice.
3.- Display should say “System Configuration Menu”.
4.- Press and release the “OK” button.
5.-Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, press Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
6.-Press and release the “OK” button.
7.-Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”. 
8.-Press and release the “OK” Button. The message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
9.-Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times until the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” window appears.
10.-Turn the unit on and then off, continue with the installation/setup of the unit.

C.- Press and release the “OK” button

4.- Press and release the “OK” button.
6.-Press and release the “OK” button.
10.-Turn the unit on and then off, continue with the installation/setup of the unit. I bought uit many years ago and has been sitting in a box for about 3 to 4 years

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
10/2/2017
Computer technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 10 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

The error indicates a Print Head issue. You might want to run Print Head cleaning. If that does not resolve, I recommend you to get another print head. Also, I would like you to contact HP Total Care (1***-***-****) and check to see if your printer or printhead is in warranty, and it could be replaced.

Thanks,

Kumar