Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I'm trying to verify the identity/authenticity o f" tech…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm trying to...

Hi, I'm trying to verify the identity/authenticity o f" tech support representatives" who are calling me saying someone is breaking ito my Outlook email account. They said I used them previously. I have fallen prey to scams similar to this in the past. I am having problems with Outlook, and today I discovered that numerous unauthorized (fraudulent) transaction have taken place in the last two days.

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

Paypal, where I discovered the fraudulent activity. I didn't know it was this extensive until these reps called me in the last hour.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

That is possible, though I can't recall specifically.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have the personal phone # and name of the person who called me about my Outlook email acct

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
9/30/2017
Computer technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello how are you today? If Paypal has called you to give you further information, did you tell them you had the name and number of someone who has been calling you recently? Are you sure it is actually Paypal you have been talking with?

Russell H., Computer Repairer