Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My memory stick does not let me drop file on it, is say it…

My memory stick does not...
My memory stick does not let me drop file on it, is say it is write protected but this type memory stick does not have write protection how can I fix it?
9/29/2017
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Enthusiast

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Use below box to post your response

how do I fix it? Did not get anything can help me to fix this problem
Please send me steps how to fix it if you can....

Let me know how old is the memory stick?

You know, this kind of issues can appear when memory stick is encountered with hardware problem..

See you can format the stick. (You may make a copy before formatting stick)

Share me the error message if computer can't format stick. Also see you can copy files from stick

Awaiting your reply

Thank You

I tried to format it, it gives me same error... Tho drive write protected...
It is not that old maybe year old
I tried formatting on different pc still same error
Just wanted to mention also this memory stick does not have write Protection switch on it
This is the type of stick
http://www.powersourceonline.com

Then i would say it a hardware problem..

There is nothing further we can do rather copying files to safer location and get the drive replaced at service center.

I believe memory stick still runs on warranty as its only an year old. Normally flash drive comes with 3year warranty.

You can call the service center to get this confirmed..

Let me know your response..

Thank You

(Please rate my service if you think i have answered. You may press above stars for rating)

you think there is no software that can overide and run diagnostic or repare on this drive?

I have come across with this problem before that's why i

If you want to check this over a software, please download and install tool from below link

Click here to download tool

Install software after download

Procedure:

1: Plug Memory Stick to computer

2: Open Partition Manager, find Memory Stick partition > Right Click Partition > Click "Delete Partition"

See image 1

3: To Apply Deletion : Click General > Click Apply Changes

See software can successfully remove partition.

See image 2

There is nothing we can further if it still come across with error message.

Let me know the update

Thanks

(If software can delete partition, create new partition and see you can use it)

arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Enthusiast