Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I purchased an WD passport ultra 3tb external hard drive to…

Customer Question
I purchased an WD...

I purchased an WD passport ultra 3tb external hard drive to back up my desk top computer and I don't have a clue if it's working or not. Could you help me out?

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

Not much I've always used a HP external hard drive, but it was to bulky.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes how do you know if the Ultra is actually backing up your internal hard drive.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
9/25/2017
Computer technician: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 10 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which program you are using to perform the backup on your computer?

Please let me know

WD my passport ultra

ok, when you run the backup within the program, is it giving an error?

How long does it take to complete?