Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Asus Sabertooth 990FX bios won't recognize logitech m570…

Customer Question
Asus Sabertooth 990FX bios...

Asus Sabertooth 990FX bios won't recognize logitech m570 wireless trackball. Bios does recognize the logitech K360 wireless keyboard. Trackball works fine on other computer.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?

First there is no problem with the keyboard. the problem is with the M570 trackball. My computer is home built with a Asus Sabertooth 990Fx r2.0 Motherboarde. I have been using the wireless Mouse and keyboard on it for the past 1 1/2 years without a problem. I changed the battery (also tried 3 other new batteries) yesterday, and the mouse hasn't worked since Tried 2 other M570 mice and one other receiver, and still nothing

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No. Bios has the latest update which was installed last year

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is thiws connection still good?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
9/24/2017
Computer technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. Is the mouse completely dead or it is powered ON but you cannot move the cursor?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

1. Not sure what the OS has to do with mouse not working in the bios, but win 7
2. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my first part of the question "I changed the battery (also tried 3 other new batteries) yesterday, and the mouse hasn't worked since. Tried 2 other M570 mice and one other receiver, and still nothing". but all three mice work just fine on other computers and yes the are powered on.
Are you still there?
Russell H., Computer Repairer