Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

I want to upgrade my Dell laptop primary SSD (256 GB) to 1

Hi I want to upgrade...
Hi I want to upgrade my Dell laptop primary SSD (256 GB) to 1 TB compatible SSD.
How can I go about cloning the entire disk(data and software including OS/Windows 10 pro) to the new disk and get it working without any software reinstalling and data copy?
9/23/2017
sjena1982
sjena1982, Computer Enthusiast
HiiMay I know the dell model number ?Thanks
Dell latitude E7470

Ok Thanks for the information

You need to buy one USB encloser for SSD 1 TB and connect to the DELL .

You can get it from any computer shop .

Then use any cloning HDD software like below one

to create one clone of existing HDD (which will copy all data/software/windows)

https://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/home-edition/

Thanks

Satchi

I’ve Acronis true image 2018.Can I use the same along with the enclosure? Can you guide me if there are any short video instructions to go about this cloning process from YouTube or Acronis website? Thanks

Yes you can use it .

Please follow the steps in below link

https://kb.acronis.com/content/56634

Thanks

Satchi

sjena1982
sjena1982, Computer Enthusiast
Thanks a lot Satchi
sjena1982
sjena1982
sjena1982, Computer Enthusiast