Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Screen rolls by it's self. WOW

Customer Question
Screen rolls by it's...

Screen rolls by it's self.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

WOW

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
9/23/2017
Computer technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What exactly is the make and model of your computer?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

The Wow computer has no model number.

Thank you for writing back. I found out that your WOW computer runs on Linux and I have no expertise on this OS. I will opt out now so that other experts can assist you further.

Computer technician: syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is David.

The issue you describe can occur if the video driver software does not load correctly or is not communicating properly with the hardware. The easiest solution is to first power down the computer completely and unplug the power cord, then wait three minutes. When you plug the power cord back in make sure to plug it directly into a wall socket and not a surge protector or power filter as either of those devices may interfere with display synchronization and may cause the rolling on the screen that you describe. Once the power cord is plugged in again, power up the WoW and let me know if the scrolling issue is resolved or if you need additional assistance.

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Do you still need assistance?