Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My computer cannot access the hard drive it says access is…

Hi, my computer cannot...

Hi, my computer cannot access the hard drive it says access is denied. Today I downloaded windows 10 updates with the hard drive attached could this have affected it. I restored the computer to last night when it was working with the hard drive but no luck with the acces.

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

I have two computers one is quite old and the other is only a few months old. The hard drive won't open on any of my computers.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Today I installed the latest updates for windows 10 pro and tonight I restored the computer to last night when it was working but no luck.

9/22/2017
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

When exactly does it say access denied? As soon as you try to start the computer?

Please let me know

No. After the computer starts and I clck on the PC icon to see the drives. It only says NTFS and not the amount used in the drive. When I click on the hard drive it says access denied.

Thanks

Which drive letter does it have (the one with the problem)?

Richard, Computer Specialist
It's drive D. I just need to plug it in.

Thank you

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

139(###) ###-####
Hi Richard,
The scan went through the whole process successfully but I still could not get the hard drive to open. It still says access denied. I have tired it on other computers as well.
Is there anything else I can try?Regards

Hi David

It means the hard disk has crashed sorry and the disk cannot read from the plates, it is a physical failure for this, it is not related to data corruption.

If the data on it is really critical then you would need to contact the company on my link below and have the disk sent into them. They will dissemble the disk and manually scan off the data onto another disk.

https://www.payam.com.au/

The disk itself wont work again, but this company has the data to get any data that is still recoverable, directly from the disk plate off it.