Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a Logitech K4800 illuminated keyboard. Is it

Customer Question
I have a Logitech...

I have a Logitech K4800 illuminated keyboard. Is it necessary to turn it off at any time? The batteries do not last long at all.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?

HP Pavillian 5500. The problem existed since purchase.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Regarding the keyboard or the computer?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
9/15/2017
Computer technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Yes, it is ideal to turn off the keyboard when not in use to conserve power. I believe your keyboard model also has the battery indicator light which turns red when you need to power up. The On/Off switch on the side is made accessible so that you can manage power consumption easily by turning it off when the keyboard is not in use.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess