Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Restated my Dell 630 and displayed hard drive was not found.

Customer Question
Restated my Dell 630...

Restated my Dell 630 and displayed hard drive was not found. Took the battery out restarted it and now it won't start

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Dell?

Latitude D630

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About 6 months ago and I've tried restating it but now it won't even turn on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
9/14/2017
Computer technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 10 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please remove the battery and power adapter, press and HOLD the power button on your laptop for 60 seconds.

Once done, do NOT put the battery. Just plug the AC power and press the power button.

Thanks,

Kumar

Did that also. The 3 lock on top "9 A ⬇️" 9 stays lit and the other two blink together. Then it shuts down.

How good are you with the Opening the Back panel of the Laptop and to see if the Harddrive is not having a loose wiring?

I managed to share a video link which you can have a look. Just remove and put the Hard drive back to the Laptop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSp89mxGZQc

Thanks,

Kumar

Checked that as well. Everything looked good. What I don't understand is I was just using it and needed to restart and once I did it says windows/system32....... Not working

What program were you using when the system asked for a restart? The program might have corrupted the Windows files.

Please note, if the above is the error you are facing, it implies Windows is corrupted and you might want to install windows again.

Google chrome
I was going to run a restore point but it won't even let me get to that

I see. It might have downloaded some trojan data which is preventing. Did you try Resetting the Laptop? Is should be somewhere near restoration

Alternatively, do you have a Windows Installation DC/DVD? If yes,

1. Boot your computer from the CD/DVD and choose the Repair Your Computer option.
  2. Choose your operating system and click Next. Then a list of system recovery options will appear. Choose Startup Repair.
  3. Startup Repair will automatically find problems with your computer and try to repair it. Once it’s finished, restart your computer and see if your problem has gone away. Please note, it will take time so please have patience.

Thanks,

Kumar

I will see if that works but it still won't even get to the Dell logo screen

The DELL logo comes that the beginning, am I correct? How are going to Restoration option?

Anyways, please use the CD/DVD to boot and run Start up repair/follow on screen instructions.

Please revert in the below box. In case there is any delay in my response, please do wait and I'll revert once I'm available.

Thanks,

Kumar

No that's what I'm saying I can not go there because I never get that far

Okay.. I do see that your Windows is corrupted. Please try to see if you are able to do a Safe Mode Boot. Press F8 when you power on and select Safe Mode. If this does not work, I suggest you to have your laptop completely formatted or install a fresh copy of Windows using a Windows Disc or Portable Media.