Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am looking for a driver for an iomega zip 250 parallel…

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for a driver for an iomega zip 250 parallel port drive?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Lenovo J200

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
9/11/2017
Computer technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

What version of windows does your lenovo run?

Windows 10

One moment please

The full desktop description for the computer is Lenovo 3000 J200 Type 9690 w/ 4 GB ram. The Zip 250 Drive is a parallel port drive and I am connecting using the desktop parallel port.

Try this driver please

OK I downloaded and extracted. How do I install the driver?

You will need to do the following:

1. Open Device Manager. Right click your computer name at the top and select "Scan for hardware changes"
  2. Right click on the Parallel port or the zip drive and select update driver
  3. Click No, not this time then Next
  4. Click "Install from a list or specific location then Next"
  5. Check "Include this location in the search" then Browse to the folder you saved on your Desktop (I.e. the extracted ZIP file) then Next
  6. If Windows thinks the driver in the folder is a match for the device you selected, it will install it. Reboot to allow driver installation to complete

Still with me?

Russell H., Computer Repairer