Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I actually have a problem with my HP Laser Printer. Apple

Customer Question

I actually have a problem with my HP Laser Printer.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Apple Macbook Pro
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. I just inherited the printer from another office that was shutting down.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's a LaserJet 500 M575
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me what exactly is the problem that you are having with this HP printer?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Paper always gets jammed at (behind) the right-hand door.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a hardware problem. I've already paid $48. Another $39 is over the top.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. This is a hardware problem so remote access is not an option, please ignore it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Have you checked the rollers to see if there are very small pieces of paper or dirt that cause the jam?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have shone a flashlight in there.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Is the jam happening in the lower right door? or on the top right door?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On this model there is only one big door on the right side.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information.

HP provided a detailed procedures in clearing paper jam for your printer model. Please check out this link:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03491126#AbT5

There are several possible location and cause of the jam. This includes the fuser and the bins and rollers.

Please clear all those possible locations shown in the link above to prevent paper from being jammed again.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The problem is that the paper always jams. It is not difficult to remove it -- removing the paper is not the problem. The problem is that there is something wrong with the mechanism. I doubt that you are going to be able to diagnose it without being on site, but I thought there might have been someone there who was a LaserJet expert. I have no problem with you, but we could go on and on. I'd rather just get my money back now. Thanks.