Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I actually have a problem with my HP Laser Printer. Apple…

Customer Question
I actually have a...

I actually have a problem with my HP Laser Printer.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Apple Macbook Pro

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No. I just inherited the printer from another office that was shutting down.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It's a LaserJet 500 M575

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
9/11/2017
Computer technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me what exactly is the problem that you are having with this HP printer?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Paper always gets jammed at (behind) the right-hand door.
It's a hardware problem. I've already paid $48. Another $39 is over the top.

Thank you for writing back with that information. This is a hardware problem so remote access is not an option, please ignore it.

OK

Have you checked the rollers to see if there are very small pieces of paper or dirt that cause the jam?

I have shone a flashlight in there.

Is the jam happening in the lower right door? or on the top right door?

On this model there is only one big door on the right side.

Thank you for that information.

HP provided a detailed procedures in clearing paper jam for your printer model. Please check out this link:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03491126#AbT5

There are several possible location and cause of the jam. This includes the fuser and the bins and rollers.

Please clear all those possible locations shown in the link above to prevent paper from being jammed again.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

The problem is that the paper always jams. It is not difficult to remove it -- removing the paper is not the problem. The problem is that there is something wrong with the mechanism. I doubt that you are going to be able to diagnose it without being on site, but I thought there might have been someone there who was a LaserJet expert. I have no problem with you, but we could go on and on. I'd rather just get my money back now. Thanks.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist