Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Can't clear application on screen without mouse

Can't clear application on screen...
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Could you provide further details about your issue? Is the mouse cursor missing from your screen now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

no cursor. I'm want to install a Logitech mouse to apple. Apple mouse not working. Can't xclear application on sceen

It looks like your remote assistance request did not go through for some reason. Could you please get any payment hold cleared up with your bank, and then update your payment method one more time?

We will then go ahead with a secure remote session; thank you.

Thats my current credit card. I've had no problems with it. Banks are closed here at this time. If we can't work on my computer problem now, let's discontinue service. I've got work to do.

No issues; could you let me know if you are replying to me from the same Mac computer now?

My desk top is the problem. Im using my iPad to receive email.

OK. Let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up. Thank you,

I have been charged twice, plue
I have been charge d twice, plus the deposit on mY credit card, but I have received no service. Please cancel those charges or credit my account.
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is David.

To get the mouse working again press the shift+control+option keys at the same time and press the power button while holding down those keys for 10 seconds then release the keys and power button. The Mac should reboot and then the mouse should start working again.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

David: nothing changed on my screen, application still there. My apple mouse doesn't work, I want to install the Logitech mouse I purchased.

Just to clarify, after rebooting the computer an application continues to display on the screen?

If so what is the name of the application?

Aloha David: thanks for reply. First showing: Bluetooth setup assistant. Beneath that: mailbox sent message. Beneath that: a text message. beneath that: mailbox sent.

Ok thanks.

And all of those programs startup after reboot?

Ok thanks.

Is the Logitech a Bluetooth mouse?

Also, do USB mice work on the computer right now?

David: Logitech mouse is M525 Power plus. I don't know if it's Bluetooth. It doesnt say, so I assume it's not. I don't know about USB. The apple mouse was wireless.

Ok thanks.

Plug the mouse receiver into a USB port on your Mac and make sure you have fresh batteries in the mouse then wait a few seconds and try moving the mouse.

Please let me know the result.

David: There is no plug with the logitech mouse. It must be wireless.

Please check the box that the mouse came in - there is a little USB plug (very small) which should be inside the box - that is the wireless receiver for the mouse and your Mac should recognize it immediately when it is plugged in. Please click the link below to view the quick start guide which includes a picture of the USB plug that should be in the box:

click here

David: That got the Logitech mouse working. I was able to clear the applications. The link you had attached doesn't really explain how the mouse works with a Mac, but hopefully I'll figure it out. How will I be charged for all this services? My VISA has been charged 3X: once for a deposit, & $33 & $38. Thanks for all your help.

That's great news - I probably should have sent the attached picture to you - the little USB wireless module is so small it is easy to miss when opening the box. Sounds like you already made the deposit however please check with Just Answer customer service about the other charges - they will be able to help you straighten that out.

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.

Thanks,

David.

.

syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer