Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Trying to connect iomegato my MAC (OS Sierra ). Is this

Customer Question
Hi Trying to connect...
Hi Trying to connect iomega*****to my MAC (OS Sierra ). Is this possible. I have the usb-zip drive connected. Cant find drivers that download.... they only want to download advertisements for other software, not iomega 100
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: OS Sierra MAC 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: it is up to date. Nothing in the last few weeks. Know there is a new os coming out soon
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just the question: 1. is it possible to connect iomega 100 zip to MAC. And if so... where is a download for the application...
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
9/9/2017
Computer technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 4 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Yes this is possible - the USB drivers are universal do you do not need to install anything.

Are you connecting to a USB2 .0 or USB3.0 port?

Can you try connecting to a different port or test the zip drive on a different Mac?

Pete, Computer Expert